This is the last remaining roundhouse of the NC&StL.
The existing concrete roundhouse was built in early 1925.
It replaced a wooden roundhouse that the NC&StL had built
at that same location in 1921. The wooden version was completely
destroyed by fire on November 21, 1924.
One of the steam engine hoods to evacuate the smoke while
an engine was inside.
Rails leading into each of the eight stalls.
A look down the rails from the roundhouse west towards
the depot and rest of the yard.
NC&StL Preservation Society, Inc. is in no way
affiliated with the NC&StL Railway or any of it's successors.
As a non-profit entity, NCPS presents these pages to the public purely
for educational and historic interest.