NCPS Member Floyd McDaniel relates the names of several relatives
that worked for the NC&StL, again showing how "Grandpa's
Road" was truly a family.
His Father's side of the family:
picture of Delbert McDaniel and
Wife Ada Lowe taken in 1915. He was
working for the NC&StL RR at that time.
- Delbert McDaniel (my father) Section Foreman P&M Division
- Luther McDaniel (my uncle) Trainman P&M Division
- Mildred McDaniel and Opal Mae McDaniel (two of my sisters)
Telegraph operators for P&M Division during WWII
- Alan McDaniel (my cousin) was telegraph operator at Madison,
TN. I'm not certain, but believe he worked for the NC&St.L.
- James Robert Conger (my dad's brother-in-law) Supervisor P&M
- His son, Leon Conger, Trainman P&M Division
- His grandsons:James Conger & Junior Conger, both Trainmen
His Mother's side of the family:
- Father Jesse L. Lowe (her father) worked as a section laborer
for a short time, P&M Division
- A.G. Lowe, Trainman, P&M Division (her brother)
- William McKinley (Kin) Lowe, Section Foreman, P&M Division
- Jim Lowe, Baggage Handler, P&M Division (her brother)