Join us as we venture into the Valleys and into the Hills where the NC&StL roamed years ago !!! It's time to make plans for the next Reunion, October 22-24, 2021. This will also be an election year for NCPS at the Annual Meeting.
We would like to say "Thank You" to those NCPS members who contributed either Cash or Railroad Items to our 2021 Reunion Door Prizes:
Terry and Jane Coats -
Tom and Maryann Knowles
Bill & Sylvia Lightfoot -
Carol Hughes -
Print Registration Form
Reunion headquarters - the Holiday Inn Express in Kimball, TN – Phone 423-837-1500. Please mention NCPS for discounted rate. We have blocked 12 rooms for the two nights of Friday & Saturday, October 22 & 23.
Base daily rate - $109.00. Total daily rate (including state & city taxes) - $125.08 If anyone has difficulty with the hotel identifying our group or our group rate prior to October 1st, please call Terry Coats at 615-587-1926. Terry will contact the Director of Sales. NOTE: Reservations must be made by October 1 to qualify for this discounted rate.
The main focus of this year’s Reunion will be Saturday tours of two of the NC&StL’s branch lines, being the Orme branch and the Sequatchie Valley branch. In addition, if time permits, we may make visits to the NC&StL depots in Bridgeport and in Stevenson.
Friday, October 22nd: Meet & Greet at Hotel. 6:30 pm dinner at Café 41. Dennis Lambert, guest speaker will give us a preview of what we will see on Saturday's tours.
Saturday, October 23rd: Tours of the former locations of the NC&StL’s Sequatchie Valley branch line and the Orme branch line. We may also visit the NC&StL depots in Bridgeport and Stevenson. Those depots are normally closed on Saturdays, and we are trying to arrange access.
- 8:30 am - Caravan leaves hotel for tour of Sequatchie Valley
- Lunch on your own.
- 1:30 pm - Caravan leaves hotel for Orme branch tour
- Dinner on your own
- 8:00 pm - Annual NCPS Business Meeting and Election of Officers will be held at the hotel.
Sunday, October 24th, we will visit the home of Kathie and Chuck Higdon to visit his HO scale layout. It is a bit unusual in that it has three levels. As you will be using your own vehicle to get to Reunion events, our caravan will leave the Holiday Inn Express in Kimball at 8:30 AM, on Sunday morning, October 24th, in order to be at Chuck and Kathie's home by 9:00 AM
MEALS: The Reunion Registration fee will include the cost of only one meal, which will be the Friday night meal at Café 41.
- The Holiday Inn Express will provide Complimentary Breakfasts Saturday and Sunday.
- The cost of the Friday night dinner at Café 41 is included in your Registration Fee. The other attachment to the Registration Form is a copy of the Café 41 Menu, and we are asking that you pre-select your meal for Friday night, and send that selection in with your Registration form for the Reunion.
- You will be “On Your Own” for your lunch meals on Saturday and Sunday, and also for your dinner meal Saturday night. To help you with those meals, an information sheet will be included in your packet that you will receive when you register at the NCPS Registration table on Friday, which will provide the name, street address and phone number for almost all of the restaurants in the Kimball, Jasper, South Pittsburg and Whitwell area.
Potential Side Trip: Our NCPS member, Bill McCord, has submitted a photo of an item that he thinks some of our Reunion attendees might be interested in seeing during one of the periods when we will not be involved in scheduled Reunion activities. It is a World War II boxcar (not NC&StL) that was used in eastern Europe to transport prisoners to concentration camps. After the war it was shipped to the U.S., and now stands on the grounds of the Whitwell Middle School in Whitwell, Tennessee (about 15 minutes from our Reunion hotel). Whitwell is also where Ramsey’s Bar-B-Q is located, so you might combine lunch with your visit to the WWII boxcar.