First of three built in 1915, as class M1-99, to be
used as pusher engines (helpers) on the Cumberland Pusher District.
Though they required frequent maintenance, they were quite successful
in their intended role and were not retired until 1945.
NC&StL Preservation Society, Inc. is in no way
affiliated with the NC&StL Railway or any of it's successors.
As a non-profit entity, NCPS presents these pages to the public purely
for educational and historic interest.